Sunday, September 27, 2009

Another new project

Here I go gathering again :) My good friend asked me to create a mixed media wall hanging for her new home. I am very excited to create something that is really ME ! Crazy and off the wall ! The body is an old slicer of some kind. Not sure what it is but I imagine it was used to slice vegetables, meats, cheese, fingers ??? lol The blades are sharp and rusted and I love the "feel" of the old wood. Initially I was going to stick with old/vintage but a trip through the plumbing department at Home Dept shot that all to hell :p So I am gathering items form around my home, adding my own twist so we shall see where this goes. Will keep you posted.

4 comments:

Dlsarmywife said...

Hmmm what in interesting collection of goodies...I can't wait to see what wonderful thing you create from it all! I have the utmost respect an admiration for mixed media artists...sadly my eyes see only what the pieces are and not what they can become. But I delight in seeing the final products!

Sherry Goshon ODACA said...

i love it already what wonderful piece you have collected i can't wait to see it become...

Jacque Uetz said...

OMG after seeing the Barbie I can just imagene, knowing I will be jealous because you will come up with somethig wondful!!Great items by the way love it!!

Sue said...

I'm pretty sure your slicer is for cabbage - for making your own sauerkraut :-) Can't wait to see its new incarnation.